Welcome to the Shelton View Library!
Our goal is "to ensure that students are effective users and producers of ideas and information." We seek to provide a creative, welcoming environment in which we support students, families and staff in their information needs, promote a love of reading, and create lifelong learners.
- How many books may I check out?
- What if I lose or damage a library book?
- What should I do if I have a fine?
- How can I see what books are checked out to me (or my student)?
- Kindergarteners - 1 book
- 1st grade - 2 books: 1 just right & 1 just for fun (changes to 3 in Jan)
- 2nd & 3rd grades - 3 books: 2 just right & 1 just for fun
- 4th grade - up to 4 books: at least 2 just right
- 5th & 6th grades - up to 5 books: at least 2 just right
All library books may be kept for 2 weeks. If a book is overdue, no new books may be checked out until the overdue book is brought in.
If you lose a library book, please have a responsible older sibling or adult help you look very carefully through your house. Remember, our library books have the call number on the spine and a barcode on the back. If you still can't find the book, please have an adult in your house contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 408-5212) and I will allow you more time to locate the book. Once you've decided the book really is lost, or if you have damaged a book, you have several options:
- Purchase an exact copy of the lost book at a bookstore or on-line and send it to Mrs. Cissna in the Library.
- If you cannot find the exact title, purchase a book by the same author or about the same subject (if it is a non-fiction title). Send the book to the Library.
- Choose a book from your personal library which is comparable to the lost one (hard-bound for hardbound) and in good condition, and bring it to Mrs. Cissna in the Library. She will determine if the exchange is equal in value.
Mrs. Kathy Cissna