Report an Absence
Students are expected to attend all assigned classes each day. It is important that you call the office whenever your student will be absent from school.
The 24-Hour Attendance Line for absent or tardy students is 425.408.5210.
In order for your child's absence to be considered excused, you must send a note to school or leave a message on the attendance line. We appreciate this communication in a timely fashion.
If an absence occurs and a parent or guardian does not notify the school office and provide a reason for the absence within 2 weeks, the status of that absence will automatically become unexcused, and the Washington State law (The Becca Bill) regarding unexcused absences will be followed. Once the status becomes unexcused, it cannot be changed. The Becca Bill requires unexcused absences to be processed in the following manner:
- Inform parents in writing after one unexcused absence in one month.
- Schedule a parent conference after two unexcused absences in one month.
- Enter into a formal agreement with the student and parent regarding attendance or file a truancy petition with Juvenile Court if a student has five unexcused absences in a month.
- File a truancy petition with Juvenile Court if a student has seven unexcused absences in a month or ten unexcused absences in a year.
- File a contempt motion if a student is not in compliance with a court order resulting from a truancy petition.
While communicating about an absence with your child's teacher is helpful, please do not leave attendance information on the classroom teacher's voicemail. The office staff compiles attendance information so leaving a message on the attendance line is best.
Any child who arrives at school after the tardy bell (9:20 AM) must stop in the office to check-in before proceeding to class.
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.